Let Your Voice Be Heard
The Measure C Citizen Oversight Committee is in search of new members. Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of this influential team representing Fresno County? Download and complete the Nomination Form, below.
The deadline to submit applications is coming soon. Apply today!
MEASURE C CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
With the passage of the 2006 Measure C Extension a 13-Member Citizens Oversight Committee was formed to inform the public and ensure that Measure C funding program revenues and expenditures are spent as promised to the public. The Fresno Council of Governments (Fresno COG) is responsible for staffing the Committee and providing technical and administrative assistance to support and publicize the Committee’s activities, with the staff assignment subject to approval of the Committee.
The Committee may receive, review and recommend any action or revision to plans, programs, audits or projects that is within the scope of its purpose stated above. Specific responsibilities include:
- Receive, review, inspect, and recommend action on independent financial and performance audits related to the planning and implementation of the Measure C Extension program.
- Receive, review, and recommend action on other periodic reports, studies and plans from responsible agencies including the Authority, Fresno COG, the Cities, the County or other agencies. Such reports, studies and plans must be directly related to Measure C Extension programs, revenues, or expenditures.
- Review and comment upon Measure C Extension expenditures to ensure that they are consistent with the Expenditure Plan.
- Annually review how sales tax receipts are being spent and publicize the results. Present Committee recommendations, findings, and requests to the public and the Authority in a formal annual report.
Contact Brenda Veenendaal with Fresno COG at firstname.lastname@example.org for applications or call her at (559) 233-4148 ext. 219.
Measure C Citizen Oversight Committee Terms
Six Public-At-Large Appointees:
The six public-at-large positions must meet the following requirements.
- Five (5) who must each respectively reside in each of the five Fresno County Supervisorial Districts.
- Three (3) must reside in the Fresno-Clovis Metropolitan Area (FCMA).
- Two (2) must reside in the unincorporated rural area of the County, one from the east side and one from the west side of the county.
- One (1) must reside in an incorporated city outside of the FCMA.
Represents the unincorporated rural area West of State Route 99 (Supervisorial District 1) with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2013. He is currently serving as a planning commissioner for the city of Firebaugh.
Represents the Fresno-Clovis Metropolitan Area (Supervisorial District 2) with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2015.
Represents the Fresno-Clovis Metropolitan Area with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2013. He is a Project Manager for RDT Architecture & Interior Design, Inc.
Represents the Incorporated Cities outside of the Fresno-Clovis Metropolitan Area (Supervisorial District 4) with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2016. She is currently the Director of Communications and Outreach for the Central California Asthma Collaborative.
Represents the unincorporated rural area East of State Route 99 with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2012. He is retired from Cal Fire where he worked in fire protection and emergency medical issues.
Represents the Fresno-Clovis Metropolitan Area (Supervisorial District 1) with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2015.
Seven Community Organization Appointees:
There is currently ONE VACANT Community Organization Representative positions available.
Represents the Selma District Chamber of Commerce with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2014. He is currently the Chamber Executive Director, President elect of the Selma Rotary and he serves on the Selma Pioneer Village Commission.
Represents the Central California Asthma Coalition with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2013. He is currently the Chief Program Officer for Clinica Sierra Vista.
Represents the Greater Fresno Area Chamber of Commerce with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2015. He is currently Vice President of Denham Resources.
Represents the League of Women Voters with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2015. She has an extensive background in transportation economics and voluntarily serves on other Fresno COG committees as well.
Represents the Central California Builders Exchange with a 4-year term which began July 1, 2015. He is currently a Regional Business Manager at RSD – Total Control.